As a website owner, I’m required by law to comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
On a more personal note, I believe that being transparent with my audience is the right thing to do. That’s why I’m creating this disclosure page to let you know that I do make money from this website.
If you’re using this website, then you should know:
- I get direct benefit from every post and page I put on this website. Whether that is monetary or simple joy of helping others, I’m benefiting from it.
- If you see an external link with a prefix /refer/, then it is an affiliate link. What that means is if you click on that link and purchase a product, then at no-additional cost to you, I will receive a small referral commission.
- I do write about my own products and websites, so yes that means those projects get additional PR and exposure.
- I run my own consulting company, so it is possible that this blog may help me land new clients.
- I make a lot of friends thanks to social media and business travel.
- I do get a lot of freebies that I test and review. Often vendors send me those freebies in exchange for a review. However, that doesn’t mean that they get a positive review. If I don’t like the product, then I will slam them. That’s just the way I roll.
It’s important that I emphasize that the words on this website are mine and are not influenced by any sort of compensation. I only recommend products or services that I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers.
If you have any questions regarding the above, then please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.